Sunday, March 9, 2014

LEGO Creator Fast Car Review for MFZ

The Bag
Original review system by Mantis King.

So here is a set I found in the Easter section of Target which suggest to me we have a trend forming. What is that trend? Target is providing some alternatives then candy during the holiday seasons. So if you like this set I suggest you pick it up before the Easter season is done.

Can you build frame or frames right away?
I tried and got a tank instead of the usual frame. It is a very small tank so a weakly given +5.

Pew Pew
Can you build a ship or ships right away?
Yes you can for +5

Can you build terrain or a station right away?
Maybe a station but certainly not terrain and I guess the car is in scale (7p) but feels off to me so...I am saying no giving it -5.
Front

Back

With some form of Weapon
Is it at, below, or above the golden ration? (Golden Ratio = $0.10 per part)
Math time! $3.23/56 = $0.06 putting us below the ratio for a +5


If you can't build a frame right away, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away?This is a rough yes. +5


If you can't build a terrain or stations right away, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away?This yes but certainly more for stations then terrain I think. +5


If you can't build a ship right away, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away?This is most certainly a yes.  +5



A couple of interesting pieces but a lot of plates too.

Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts for everything?
This is a yes but pushing it once yet again I think. +5

So now for the totals!
Rapid Attack: A+
Alpha Bandit: A+
Terrain and Stations: B+

These results kind of surprised me but getting below the ratio helps a lot! I did like the little ship I built, might actually use that in AB which might need to buy some more of these. 




No comments:

Post a Comment