Tuesday, September 30, 2014

LEGO Merida's Highland Games Review for MF0

WARNING: Big Post

The Box
Alright so I think a bit of money went into this box.

Fancy, and it was thick Cardboard.
So, just going to be straight forward about this. In this household we are big fans of Disney in general and specially Brave. This set was mostly bought because the Spousal Equivalent wanted Merida but I have a rule about reviewing ALL THE SETS!

This is what the SE wanted; the Minifigs.
Can you build some sort of creation right away?

HVA, all from the Set including Base.

So I made this little ship that I think is a decent HVA including a base and you can change the angle. Though with so many pieces you think I could also get a frame or other stuff out of it but I could not. Also I added the tree from the set to my collection. +5 points.

Parts 1
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio? (10 Cents Per Part)

Parts 2
$19.99 / 145 pieces = $0.14 per part, Wow that is pricey! I got this on sale thankfully. -10 points.

Parts 3
If you can't build a creation right away, or choose not to, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away? 

Parts 4
There are certainly several parts for building just about anything. +5 points

Plate
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts?


With a set this large this get's a bit harder to define. I am going to say yes plus four 4x4 plates! +5 points.

Built!
Total: With only 5 points (because of the ratio) we have a B+ set but with that steep price maybe B. I like the tree for terrain but the big pieces for the wall are just about useless for MF0. 

Front

Back

Stickers


1 comment: