Sunday, December 28, 2014

LEGO The Hobbit Mirkwood Elf Guard Review for MF0

The Bag
As you can see I got this at Five Below but it was quite some time ago. The tree caught my interest and is the reason why I bought it (a few bags actually. I like trees for terrain.)

Parts 1 - Minifigure
Can you build some sort of creation right away?

Frame or spaceship, not going to happen here with this set. Though it does make a tree from the set so we break even with 0.

Parts 2
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio? (10 cents on the dollar, no wait on the part)

Isn't painfully obvious that it is above but let's get technical. $3.99/27 = 15 cents per part! I think that is the worse ratio for a LEGO set I have done. -10 indeed!

Parts 3
If you can't build a frame right away, or choose not to, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away? 

The giant mushroom makes a return!!! There are a few usual parts but not many. +5 (am I being nice?)

The set
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts?

This is a certain nope! -5

COVER!
Total: Well our total gets a C+ rating which makes me feel sort of bad that I bought more then one but I still like the tree. I remove the torch and maybe the mushroom (or just don't count it). Either way as you can see they are tall enough to be cover but most likely won't be after taking just one hit but hey you need to have some hard and soft cover I feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment