Monday, January 25, 2016

LEGO Star Wars ARC-170 Starfighter Review for MF0

The Box
So I picked this up awhile ago and can be found everywhere. They can still be found but it series 3 is around the corner and some of the sets are started to get clearance prices.

Can you build some sort of creation right away? 

I couldn't get anything out of this set and I really wanted to utilize the round 4x4 flat turbine pieces! I really don't like the spaceship build either and don't think it be right for Intercept Orbit (others might) so I am going to go with -5 points.


Parts 1
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio? The Golden Ratio is $0.10 per part.

$9.99 / 95 pieces = $0.11 per piece going just over the ratio for -10 points


Parts 2
If you can't build a frame right away, or choose not to, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away? 

Certainly has some useful parts for one reason or another for +5 points.


The Set
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts?

Hmm, I think this set actually breaks down the middle so I will give the rare 0 points.

Total: C+ set, not a very good but not expecting any super scores from these series as most are over the Golden Ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment